Fish is a journal and project promoting critical and accessible writing and thinking about arts and visual culture. Our publications, workshops and participatory opportunities are forums for exploration and debate – connecting organisations, artists, writers, researchers and audiences, and supporting creativity across the city and region.
- To connect people with different ideas and perspectives through critical yet accessible debate, research-led writingand opportunities for reflection and conversation.
- To explore the relationships between critical writing, contextual theory, and creative practice.
- To collaboratively examine ideas and concepts in accessible ways and celebrate the complexity of critical discussion.
- To develop and raise the profile of Hull and the region as a centre for critical, academic and research-led engagementthrough outward facing conversation.
- To support and showcase local talent and promote the value of our creative industries through our work with writers and artists.